Using External Technologies

This topic is 555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of the greatest joys I get from working with FileMaker is making it do something it doesn't do natively. It's sort of like always being able to say "Yes" and never having to tell yourself "No". Enjoying your sweets and treats as much as you like! There is, quite literally, nothing I can think of that can't be done just outside FileMaker and brought back in to the software.

Do you need OCR? AI processing? Serious image manipulation, complicated heuristics, complex PDF manipulation, data scraping from HTML or anything else? You name your need and a solution can be found. You simply need to be willing to step ever so slightly just outside FileMaker and your result will be found.

In this video, I'll show you the technology you need and how to integrate the technology to pretty much solve any problem. It's always just a matter of knowing where and how to look and then integrating what you find. No matter what your needs are, I can promise that short of a real-life magic wand, the info in this video will put you on the path to solving the problem you think Claris/FileMaker can't.

Click the title or link to this article to view the video.

View the full article

This topic is 555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.