Applescript issues since upgrading FM and Mac OS

DeathRobot

This topic is 547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there. I've been using FileMaker 16 Pro Advanced on OS 10 for a long time. As part of my music licensing business, I often run applescripts via Filemaker - one of the main things is to import music into iTunes, set all the tags, convert to various formats, and export. This week I updated to FM 19, OS 12.1, and had to move from iTunes to Apple Music. Now, many of the Applescripts are broken. I've spent the better part of the day taking small portions of the main scripts and seeing if I can get them to run from ScriptEditor. For the Apple Music script, the import step that used to be:

set newfile to ("path to file")

no longer worked until I changed it to:

set newfile to alias ("path to file")

All the set commands (set album, artist, genre, etc.) did not work until I ran:

-e 'tell application "Music" to activate'

from Terminal.

I thought I had things going okay until I tried to run those same steps from FileMaker. It did import the track, but none of the set steps or conversion steps did anything at all.

1) Is there a similar command to the one I ran in terminal that will allow FileMaker to run the scripts without issue?

2) Are there "general" best steps when upgrading Applescripts to work with OS 12?

Note: In Security & Privacy > Automation, I have FileMaker Pro allowed to control Finder and Music. I also tried adding FM in Security & Privacy >Accessibility and Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access. No luck.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by DeathRobot

This topic is 547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.