Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Ver 12 for PC

This topic is 511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm currently using FileMaker Pro Version 12 for the PC in order to be able to read/write files developed on archive version 4.0 files. (*.FP3)

(I was informed that versions after 12 would NOT read *.FP3 files)

My goal is to migrate to the iMac, so my questions are:

will my version 12 application work on the iMac 24?

If not, what Mac version will read *.FMP12 and *.FP3 files?

Thank you. 

I believe the most recent version that can read a .fp3 file is version 11. The converted file will be in .fp7 format. This is the native format for versions 7 - 11. Any version from 12 and up, including the current version 19, can read a .fp7 file and convert it to the current .fmp12 format. This is true for both platforms.

If you are moving to another platform, you need to consider which version will be compatible with your OS. The chart here lists the minimum requirement for each version - but there is also an unstated maximum. In general, older versions of FMP do not perform well, if at all, with newer versions of the OS - esp. on the Mac.

Thank you for your response. I’m currently using FileMaker Pro 14 on a Windows 10 PC. It will not read a FP.3 file. 

Am anticipating moving from PC to iMac. Will my FM Pro 14 run on the iMac? 

3 minutes ago, AFChief said:

Will my FM Pro 14 run on the iMac?

I don't know. It depends on which version of macOS will be installed on the iMac. If it's the current version (or even a few versions back), then I would expect problems. But I don't know firsthand. You'd have to talk to someone who tried the very same combination.

This topic is 511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.