CHART VISUAL OPTIONS

This topic is 443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In FM charting, is there a way to prevent the longest bar (or stacked bars) from taking up the entire width? In the image below you'll see a chart based on 'time' data spanning only a few minutes. I'd like the full width of the chart to represent 1 hour (for example) therefore the lines would only fill 10% of the chart width currently.

I know there are multiple other options such as JS, buttonbars, repeating fields, etc., but traditional charting is doing what I need with this exception.

Thanks.

1.png

3 minutes ago, comment said:

In Chart Setup > Chart > X-Axis select the Set Maximum option and enter a value that represents 1 hour.

I played with that and it seems to only limit the data (ie won't display time segments 'less than' or 'greater than' entered values. Is this wrong?

I found one method of achieving the desired result without creating a new dataset for the only purpose of tricking the chart into a new MAX value. The method is less-than-optimal, so I'm still hoping for a better method. The concept pictured here utilizes multiple buttons covering sections of the bar area of the chart, then using Conditional formatting to color sections white (or vice-versa) depending on the data values I'm working with.

3.png

This topic is 443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.