Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Copy from iMac to iOS

This topic is 450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hopefully I am in the correct forum. I am using FM Ver 14 to document accessory install dates. When traveling, I use an iPad (iOS) to track the dates, but update the accessory date installed on my iMac and share with my iPad. If I use the 1/22/2023 date format, my calculations are correct, however when I share with my iPad or iPhone, the dates are 01/22/2023, resulting in "Time in Service" date errors. How can I format the dates in order for the iOS (iPad) dates to show correctly?

I have attached screen shots of the issue

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 9.12.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 9.14.32 AM.png

What is the exact error you experience? I don't think it should make any difference if user enters 1/22/2023 or 01/22/2023 into a Date field. And I don't see where the "issue" is in your screenshots.

I do see an issue with your Time in Serv #X calculations: they all use the Get (CurrentDate) function, but it seems they are stored.

I also don't see why you need to append the spaces and the text "Years" to the resulting number - esp. since you want to round that number in the next step. But that just adds extra processing, not cause an error.

You're right, in my opinion it shouldn't make any difference, however it does on the iOS devices. When the data is copied from the Mac to the iPhone or iPad, the data for LT INBD#3 and RT INBD #4 displays "0" years. I can change the date format on the iPad to "1/25/2023" and the calculation displays the correct "Time in Service". I cannot change the format on the iPhone. 

I don't understand your answers since I'm not a programmer or database expert. I will tinker with my calculations to find something that works. 

Thank you. 

IMG_2458482F3C9B-1.jpeg

As a test, I Copied the TPMS file from a Windows 10 computer to my iPhone using iTunes, and the file displayed properly. The same TPMS file copied from iMac to iPhone displayed the incorrect data. 

The file (left) from Win to iPhone is shown.   The one copied from iMac to iPhone using the Finder "share" function is on the right. 

Look closely at the LT INBD & RT INBD data.

IMG_8075.PNG

IMG_2458482F3C9B-1.jpeg

What is the correct way in a Mac to close a file in FileMaker Pro v-14?  In Win-10, I always used File "Close" to close a file.

In my newly acquired iMac I used the same procedure, however the file data (last updated/last opened) in Finder reflects an old date. 

In order to copy my files to my iPad and iPhone, I select the *.fmp12 file in Finder and select "Share" AirDrop. The file copies, but with old data. What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you for help.

This topic is 450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.