ScribeDocLoad does not working

This topic is 381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all, 

I am new to Scribe and FileMaker as well.

I tried to open an MS word file but I cannot load the link to the file. even I type in the path dir to the file it still won't open.

what I did:

Set Variable[$docload; Value:ScribeDocLoad("/User/ycha/Download/GTreport.docx")]

Can I please ask how I can open my local doc file in Filemaker?

Thanks for your time on my beginner's question!

Hello,

10 hours ago, C.Chang said:

Set Variable[$docload; Value:ScribeDocLoad("/User/ycha/Download/GTreport.docx")]

Unless this is a typo, the issue is most likely that you are missing the "s" in the "Users" directory . If it is a typo, then it is difficult to know what the issue is without knowing what the error is. All of the plugin functions will return ERROR if a function results in a an error. You can get a description of the error by calling ScribeLastError. 

• Newbies

Hey,

Thanks for your quick response. I copy and paste the directory and once I hit return the whole row 3 is gone(disappear)  - refer to line 3 of the code.Greenshot2023-03-1413_47_02.png.a8563e531990e7b3c7f44f43341e818f.png

I am super confused right now, is it because I want to use this in a local filemaker pro?

Thank you for answering in advance

Edited by C.Chang

Hello,

Scribe wouldn't have any impact on the script workspace so I am not sure why your script step isn't persisting. In general there should be a settings wheel next to the Set Variable script step that will open a window for you to define the script step. After naming the variable click specify next to the calculation field. This should open the calculation window where you can access Scribe functions. Once you have input the parameters, click ok on the calculation window, and ok on the script step definition window and the script step should persist. 

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 11.48.08 AM.png

• Like 1

This topic is 381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.