Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Date Field in Filemaker Go is Selectable but NOT Deletable

This topic is 476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On my FileMaker Pro 19.6.3 database I have a Date field that has the pop up calendar. I can click on the Date field and either use the calendar to select a date, or use the Delete key on my keyboard to remove the date and leave it blank. When I use that same database on my iPad I can still select the Date field and I can use the calendar to select data. However, I cannot use the delete key (or any key) to remove the date and leave the field blank. Any thoughts? Thanks. 

Thanks, I did do a script to clear the field, but I don't have a lot of real estate to put the button on the layout, so I was hoping to find out if I had some way of just deleting the date on Filemaker Go the same way I do with FileMaker Pro. I could fit in a button if I were using a stylus, but my fingers are too chubby to let me zero in on a new button squeezed in between the other buttons on the layout. :) The script is linked to Command-3 on FileMaker Pro. I cannot seem to use these script shortcuts on FileMaker Go, even with my external (old) Logitech keyboard, is that right? Thanks again.

This topic is 476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.