Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Missing PDF plug-in

What happens if you remove them?

If that doesn't do anything, try (re)installing Acrobat Reader.

(Please note that I am merely guessing. I don't know how to reproduce the problem, so I cannot offer informed advice.)

Edited by comment

I have 3 Adobe plug ins there.  I tried changing the name of all 3 so they would not work but got the same error.

I had already tried reinstalling Acrobat Pro.  I guess I'll try fully deleting it first and reinstalling and see if that helps.

So it ends up as a war story!!

My 2012 Mac Mini crashed and I requisitioned my wife's laptop and installed FM.  She already had Acrobat DC on her account but she was on Mojave so I had to upgrade to Ventura..

I don't know how, but I discovered just now that I had installed FM 15!!!.  So I installed FM19 but that didn't fix the plug in problem.

I upgraded Acrobat and that also didn't fix the problem.

So i uninstalled Acrobat completely and re-downloaded it - a very confusingly complicated process .....

So I got a brand new Acrobat interface that finally fixed the problem.  The interesting thing is that I no longer have the 2 Adobe plugins you guessed about.  I only have AdobeAAMDetect.plugin, dated 5 days ago.

Anyway, everything is now working perfectly and I thank you for your never-ending help once again.