Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem reading dates with Scribe

I have an excel sheet with a date 7/29/2023. When I read that cell with Scribe, and create a variable $date,  it returns the number 45136.

If I then say GetAsDate ($date), I get "?". If I further wrap it as GetAsDate ( GetAsNumber ($date ) ), I get 7/30/0124, which is obviously wrong.

Thanks very much. That did the trick. Strange part is that the sheet was created on a Mac so the dates should have been 1904. I looked at my settings and sure enough Use 1904 had been switched off. So I turned it back on, made a new sheet, and then tried it without your formula. The results were wrong again and off by 4 years. The only way I can get it working right is to use the 1900 dates plus your formula.

59 minutes ago, jkluchnik said:

So I turned it back on, made a new sheet, and then tried it without your formula. The results were wrong again and off by 4 years.

I am afraid I don't follow. What is the raw result you get from reading a cell with a date of 7/29/2023? It should be either the date 7/29/2023 (in your FMP file's date format) or the number 43674.

Edited by comment