Server Maintenance This Week. ×

<Function Missing> how does filemaker deal with this error?

• Newbies

I have some plugins installed in my solution, after a while the license of one plugin expired and <Function Missing> immediately appeared in every script that used the plugin, when I realized the problem I renewed the plugin license, but the problem remained , the functions were not restored, it seems that filemaker eliminates all types of relationship with the expired plugin, in my case I have around 90 <Function Missing> and I have to redo my code again, that is a lot of work and a big filemaker vulnerability , the correct thing would be for the <Function Missing> to be restored automatically after renewing the plugin license, but it has not worked that way for me. Maybe someone can give me some idea on how to recover these functions automatically without having to manually redo my code one by one.
Thank you so much.

Make sure you installed the plugin correctly, make sure it's enabled, and restart FileMaker the only reason why you would see this is that the Application isn't seeing the plugin - plugins are referenced by an ID that is unique to the product and publisher, FileMaker would never break the plugins referenced in your solution. 

• Like 1

• Newbies
15 hours ago, Ocean West said:

Make sure you installed the plugin correctly, make sure it's enabled, and restart FileMaker the only reason why you would see this is that the Application isn't seeing the plugin - plugins are referenced by an ID that is unique to the product and publisher, FileMaker would never break the plugins referenced in your solution. 

You are correct, the <Function Missing> was for another plugin disabled. I enabled the plugin and the functions were restored automatically.

Thank you