Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email 360 plug in gives an error when running from WebDirect

Dear Support,

I did buy the Enterprise license for 360 Works Email plug in, when deployed to he server, I can run it from FileMaker but could not run it from the WebDirect.
It gives the following error:
image.png.bd296e98f79785c765d0356ad4eef56d.png

The server in Mac Server.
What am I doing wrong?
Please help.

Thank you.

Lamine

Does the plugin have an installer for the serverside of the matter? If psos'ing shouldn't there be any plugin instance present on each workstation approaching the solution. 

This license can be used with FileMaker Pro for an unlimited number of users within a single organization. It also allows the software to be deployed on a SINGLE server within that organization for tasks including web publishing, scheduled scripts, and Perform Script on Server.

• Like 1

Hi Lamine,

In order to use plugins in Web Direct, they need to be installed in the FileMaker Server web publishing engine. Note that this is a different location than use with scheduled scripts and perform script on server. First you will need to make sure to enable Web Publishing Engine plugin in the FMS admin console. This is at Connectors->Plugins. Next install the plugin in the web publishing engine by placing the Email.fmplugin file found in the download of the plugin into the installation location. On Mac the default location is 

Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins

Once installed you will need to restart the WPE. You can do this by opening Terminal on the FMS machine and running the command

fmsadmin restart wpe -y

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan,

I did follow the instruction above but still have an issue.
I have now this error when I run it in web direct.

"An error occured: DEMO mode expired (16) You can contnue to run in demo by restarting FioeMaker, or you can register with a valid license key from http://www.360works.com"

I did register the plug in from the FileMaker 
image.png.fdb3475d8328beb9652a172610a57331.png

It works fine from FileMaker Pro but not from WebDirect.

Am I missing something?

Thank you :)

Kind Regards

Lamine

Hi Lamine,

Registering in FileMaker Pro will only register the plugin instance that is installed for use in Filemaker Pro. Registration for server side scripts is done differently since there is no interface to register plugins. For server side use, you need to call the EmailRegister function at the beginning of any server side script.