Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with the Print command--client FMP vs. WebDirect

Howdy, howdy:

I must be missing something: I have a script step (Print) that prints an invoice after it's generated by a customer--using FileMaker Pro (v20.x), the script functions fine, but when creating the invoice using WebDirect, there's no printout.

I know there's a caveat in Print's help documentation about WebDirect, but I'm not trying to print an invoice or create a PDF using a browser--I just want the invoice to print using an in-house, networked printer. I tried using PSoS, but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rich

I was hoping someone with WebDirect experience would answer this. I can only offer limited advice.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:22 AM, Rich S said:

I'm not trying to print an invoice or create a PDF using a browser

I think you are misreading the help page. It is not possible to print directly to a printer from WebDirect. The Print script step will create a PDF in a new browser tab. The user then must print the PDF manually using the browser's Print command.

AFAIK (again, very little), if you want to automate this task for the users, you need to queue the documents to be printed and have a user station with FMP installed on it do the actual printing.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:22 AM, Rich S said:

I tried using PSoS, but it didn't work.

No, the Print script step is not supported on FMS.

Edited by comment