Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do you vertically mirror the SVG

I know that you can double all the segments, and then hide them accordingly to the wished. But the issue I have with it, is that you might hide the "active" by doing so. Exists a scriptstep that actively changes the state of the now appearing segment?

I guess on the other hand - that the CSS behind the button bar, can be hacked to perform this little feature. Only I'm not aware of how to do so?

I attach the template I trying this teqnique on, and the idea was that the icon changed when double-clicking on the desired segment

buttonbar sort.fmp12

2 hours ago, Søren Dyhr said:

Exists a scriptstep that actively changes the state of the now appearing segment?

Not a single script step, but it is possible. Take apart the attached example.

2 hours ago, Søren Dyhr said:

the CSS behind the button bar, can be hacked

You can "flip" SVG using the translate() function - but I am not sure it is possible to expose this to external manipulation from FM.

ActivateSegment.fmp12

25 minutes ago, comment said:

ot a single script step, but it is possible. Take apart the attached example.

Thanks for reminding me, I've forgotten the <segment> could be a $$variable ... I have used it before!

--sd

Posted (edited)

The initiation of this thread is to be found in this Youtube video - Where I think he is ignoring more filemaker-native ways to deal with the problem at hand:

I have then created a template, showing how I would approach such a matter, without filtering or sorting from the portal setup dialog which I have found a little burdening to pull off in a networked solution, giving coffe-cups or beach balls as user experience.

In this "journey" have I found use of icons from https://filemakericons.com ... in order to make them change colour!

It's the plan that the now shown approach, should be ushered in covering the default portal as card window to provide the sorting of the found set ... but now not a relation away. 

buttonbar sort.fmp12

(this is a new version)

Edited by Søren Dyhr