Modify Last Find does not restore previous criteria

I have two different Filemaker solutions, let's call them app1 and app2, with the same filtering functionality for a list view (app1 is a small "alpha version" and app2 is a complete system with app1 as one of its modules). Within my filtering logic I'm using Modify Last Find to let the user filter the found set further down as they are searching the list view. I noticed that in app1 the script step works fine as it should, but in app2 it does not restore previous find criteria - all fields are blank again, and this happens not only through the script, but also manually using status toolbar buttons. It also works (app1) and does not work (app2) on other layouts (form and list), not just one list view in question.

I just can't think of where to look for the issue in app2. I can provide the script if it is of any help, but it's weird that it doesn't work on other layouts even from toolbar buttons.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, IlliaFM said:

it does not restore previous find criteria

We have nothing to base an answer upon. Are you sure you performed a find on the current layout in the current window during the current session?

7 hours ago, IlliaFM said:

let the user filter the found set further down

Perhaps Constrain Found Set would be a better choice for this purpose.
https://help.claris.com/en/pro-help/content/constrain-found-set.html

Edited by comment
  • Like 1