Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Divide amount

I want to create a script that finds a category "Tuition Fee" in a portal and then when i add a subject the summary amount of added subjects will divide into two (2) and then set to the two "Tuition Fee" fields. What i mean is the divided amount will set to the  two fields also named "Tuition Fee"

Posted (edited)

Well, the description here is somewhat exhausted, to a bare minimum. Because what if the student suddenly changes his/her mind ... and then leave. How will you keep track with what initially was entered? However something in the vicinity of this?

--sd

FEE.fmp12

Edited by Søren Dyhr

Posted (edited)

Here are my script, but i cant set an amount in second (2) sem. Maybe i am wrong for finding the field for 2nd sem in Else If step that is why it did'nt work

image.png.aae67fcbab1f72f3f261fa11ec8ee703.pngHere 

Edited by Mark Gimpaya

Could I get an Image of the Table occurrences involved, where the relational structure is shown? It seems like you kind of avoid using multi-predicate relational key? Is it because everything is tied together, meaning that you not are utilising breaking up in smaller TOGS?

Then ....I have noticed a seemingly error? Where is the $uuidYearLevel variable initiated? 

--sd

What is confusing me here, is why you have both:

Dev Setup Fee Chart of Account::

...as well as:

Dev Setup Fee::

I would say that if only one semester record is found, then set the split in halves value in the first found ... and then duplicate the record, the other case being there is already two records found - then make a scripted replace in just the field where the fee is in?

--sd