Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

ODBC on Ubuntu, strange import behavior

human

I'm having a problem with ODBC on a server running Ubuntu 22 and FMS 21. ODBC is configured correctly on the server, and the data in a mySQL database can be accessed via ODBC (tested with the command iSQL). I have a script which was created on a Mac server, which imports data from the MySQL database via ODBC. Testing this on Mac is pretty straight forward, because I can log into the Mac server itself and run Filemaker as a client there, and do the import, knowing that the ODBC connection is the same one that will be used server-side. Then I can set that script to run server-side and it works with the same ODBC data source.

The problem with Ubuntu is, there's no Mac client, so I have to replicate the ODBC connection locally on my development computer, and then hope it works server-side. But when I edit the script in the version hosted by Ubuntu, all the import commands show the left side as "specified when script runs". If I change them to "dialog on" and run, then it does resolve the left side, but I need it to run server-side with no dialog.

How can I resolve this?

Also, I can add the mysql datasource as ODBC in "external sources", and FM sees all the tables and views - and that is happening server-side AFAIK. But when I try to add one of those tables into the relationships graph, FMS crashes