Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Triggering Events from the Web

jbrakey

This topic is 7903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello. I am attempting to trigger an event when a new record is added to my database from our web interface. I am using the Oazium Events Plugin which in turn is supposed to run a script that calls the Troi Coding plugin to encrypt a field. I can get the event to trigger when I am working directly with the Filemaker Client, but not when the submission comes from the Web Companion. I am relatively new to working with Plugins. Is there something I am missing here?

1. Is your "web interface" IWP or CWP?

2. " ...is supposed to run a script... ". ScriptMaker is single-threaded. It handles one event at a time. It does not queue subsequent requests during the running of an event. Because browser solutions allow multiple requests, what will occur to your script if more than one request is made upon it in a near-simultaneous manner?

What we do here is have 2 fields... When creating a new record we set a flag field to a "1" then we use a calculation field [if flag field = 1 external oaziumevents trigger script etc....] seems to work fine if you need more details let me know

Stu

This topic is 7903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.