Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Bugcheck

This topic is 7791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone run into this? A reboot of a server from a system bugcheck. I am using W2K server for my FM server (FM server 5.5--dedicated), W2K Pro from my side and using FM Developer with the server plug in for admin. All service packs and patches are up to date, new network card. This has just recently strated to occur. MS knowledge base does not cover the error code the W2K Server is generating. Seems to mostly occur when scolling through the files in admin. Also the Cat5 lines are running through a hub, before hitting the server. Any suggests or toughts??

Thx

I bet my money on W2k conflict with old network card and new one.

It is not enough to unplug old card or disable it in BIOS.

W2k is keeping it until you will make deinstall in all 743 places -- or few more.

Could you try to run the FM server on NT or W2kworkstation?

The problem started prior to the installation of the network card. The card was changed to eliminate it as the problem (which it didn't). Running this on a different OS (NT) is not a practical solution as it doesn't resolve the problem. The W2K server enviroment has run this for two years without any problems.

Thanks for your toughts

• 1 month later...

Here's the solution. It took me awhile to fiqure out. The problem was that I had both FM Developer 5.5 and FM 6.0 on my computer (not running at the same time), but once I uninstalled 6.0 the problem went away. My guess is that there are some dll's that loaded (and maybe over wrote old dll's) with 6.0 that conflicted with developer.

Anyway the probelm is gone.

What are you using as a working platform and server platform, and are you going through a hub or direct (to your sever version)?

The error is generated in w2k (running fm server)when accessing via fm remote admin from working w2k platform, via 1 hub (specificly when scrolling through files list).

No exact bugchk definition is provided anywhere (FM or MS). After changing network cards, slots, lines, upgrading systems and etc, the problem stopped only when fm 6.0 and developer 5.5 were uninstalled and developer was reinstalled (if 6.0 was also reinstalled, the problem returned).

Now I'm not trying to define the bug check's reason for crashing the menu system. I am providing what worked to correct the situation for my network.

Take it for what's it worth.

This topic is 7791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.