Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Printing to file

bbaliner

This topic is 7998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I never needed to do this before, but am curious how. When I attempt to print a script to file (on windows and FMP 5.0), the file apears as a faceless generic mess, with type "file". If I open it with Notepad, I see buch of goblee-gook.

Do I need to have a particular PostScript installed in order to view the output?

Thank you

Hi! I had the same questions just yesterday. It appears that we need to install a printer driver that prints TEXT ONLY. I haven't followed up yet, but I'm sure it will work for you. Then, select the Text Only printer when you wish to print! Good luck to you!! smile.gif

Thanks LaRetta,

I installed the text-only driver from HP, HP LaserJet 4 Plus.

But it still shows up as postscript gublee-gook when I print to file. The reason I wanted to do that is to copy and paste my scripts, or attach them in e-mail. But they don't show comprehensively in .prn file that results from Printing to File.

Maybe I can attach this .prn file, and then it could be printed at remote site, I don't know.

B

Sorry that didn't work for you. I'm quite surprised. Well, the info was given to me from the Cafe'. Here's where ... maybe you will understand it differently than I.

http://www.maclane.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000327

Or maybe someone else can make a suggestion. I usually don't respond because I am quite new, but your question is EXACTLY as mine, so I thought I'd help. tongue.gif

This topic is 7998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.