Pict Graphics on layouts

This topic is 7901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

If I insert a Pict image using the Insert>Picture comand for use as a layout background will it not be usable in Windows? I've tried using other formats: tif, pdf, bmp, etc, but pct yeilds the best results when printing. BTW the original document page (which is what I'm inserting) was from a fillable form pdf, which I converted to a tif (in Acrobat) first then to a pct in PhotoShop Elements.

I know this has been discussed here plenty(Recent Thread), but I've never found a concensus as to the best way to do this. The pict works for me on my Mac and prints almost as well as the original pdf. All the other formats looked really bad, as in fuzzy lines. Obviously, though, if the pict won't work when I put this database on a Windows machine it isn't any good to me.

Thanks,

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously, the best way to find out is to try it. Do you have access to a PC with Filemaker?

In the back of my memory somewhere is the information that PICT is the 'native' graphics format used internally by Filemaker, so that it should display properly on any platform. But, you should confirm it with a test.

This topic is 7901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.