Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Title Field Problem

This topic is 7957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a DB which can be used to record student test results, as well as to display bar graphs of the class results in different areas.

On the recording layouts, I have some demographic info to be entered. (e.g. gender, English is Second Language?, etc.)

I have a layout with scripted buttons which allow you to filter the info according to the demographic info before proceeding to the graphs layout. (eg. graph the achievement of only girls) There are scripts such as GETGIRLS

I wanted the title which appears at the top of the graph layout to be specific to the search results. ie. if I'm only viewing the test achievement of girls, I want the title to read "Girls' Achievement", so I included a title field, and in the GETGIRLS script I included the instruction Go to Field--->TitleField, Insert Text--->"Girls' Achievement".

It works, but it is still highlighted with a flashing cursor, which screws up the appearance of the title.

How do I get rid of that?

Thanks. Paul

PS. That's really long winded isn't it?! blush.gif

I thought you were putting the title in a field called "TitleField"... not sure if you changed that intentionally in your followup or if this could be the problem...

The other potential problem is that you have to put Quotation marks around both sides of the text, if you're just inserting a simple text string.

Are you getting an error message when you try to set up this script step?

Actually, sorry about the name change, it is actually called TitleSelectedGroup, shoulda used that originally.

I can't see where you get to enter text. When I double click the SetField choice from the left side of the scriptmaker window, it moves into the list of script instructions on the right. Then I click SPECIFYFIELD and choose the TitleSelectedGroup from the list of fields that pops up. But once that's done, I can't modify that line in the script...I don't know where to type it....

under the "Specify Field" button there is a "Specify..." button (these buttons are under the list of script steps).

Maybe you were clicking the script step in order to specify the field... in which case you could have missed the specify button at the bottom of the screen. I didn't even know you could specify the field right from the line! smile.gif

nope, just put the result you want in quotes if it's as simple as that.

You could make things more sophisticated by using If or Case statements to decide WHICH title goes in the field (eg: "Girls' Achievement" vs "Boys' Achievement"... sounds like you might be using separate scripts to get that effect.

This topic is 7957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.