repeating fields

dgoodman0

This topic is 7920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need some help with Filemaker repeating fields.

I am inserting text into a repeating field. Only one line is visible. The rest can only be seen if you click on the line.

Has someone come across a macro that would cut and paste text from the repeating field into the next cell below so that all the text is visible without having to click on the line?

Otherwise, there may be a way to bring the text to the foreground. Using "arrange" and "Bring to front" does not work with repeating fields.

Regards,

Daniel

• Newbies

I understand that.

The problem that I have is that I am reading data in from another database. The data I have varies from one to four lines in length. Hence, I may end up with four lines of text being entered into a single line of the repeating field. I can enlarge the repeating field so that all four lines of text appear. However, I am then left with large gaps between the repeating fields in instances where I am only importing a single line of text.

My current solution is to import the four lines of text and then cut and paste each line into the next repeating field. This is time consuming. I thought of writing a macro to do the cut and paste for me but that seems complicated.

There must be another simpler solution (like bringing the text to the foreground)

The application I have is a customer quotation screen which is approximately twenty lines long for quoting individual part numbers.

Thanks

Daniel Goodman

• Newbies

The part numbers are in their own database. When you enter a part number, the related description is pulled off and entered into the repeating field. The problem is that the text is sometimes too long for the one line of the repeating field. Hence, I have to cut and paste into the next line of the repeating field.

Thanks

Daniel

This topic is 7920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.