Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Where can I find Updaters for older versions?

cmartin

This topic is 7989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been having some issues with clients (FMP 4.0v1) trying to connect to database (hosted by FM Server 3.0v3) and also sometimes trying to print (access violation c0000005, in both cases). After researching both here and on the filemaker site (yup, I've seen article 104759), it seems there are multiple possibilities (i.e. printer drivers - we do have HP Laser Jet 5s). Before I get into changing the drivers and all that, I think it is most important to have the lastest versions of both the client app and server app installed. But our products are so outdated, I cannot seem to find updaters on the filemaker website. Anyone know where I could find them?

AFAIK FMServer 3.03 was the last release before FMS 5

FMPro 4.0v1 can only go to 4.0v3 as 4.1 was a chargeable release.

Sounds like you're as up to date as possible really.

Is the cost too high to go FMS 5.5 and FMP 6 ?

The updater for FM Pro 4.0v1 to 4.0v3 is on the website. However, I do not see any for FM Server 3.0v3. As far as I know, FM Server 3.0v4 was, at one time released. According to the article 104759 from the FM website, "If you are running Service Pack 4 or later (for Windows NT, which I am), you MUST upgrade your FileMaker Server to 3.0v4."

This topic is 7989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.