A case where a field can not be shown in CDML

This topic is 7896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a bit lost on this one. I have a page with CDML tags that show all the information from matching fields in my database. However, there is one field that will not display any data in CDML. I have checked and double checked my CDML tags...everything seems to be configured correctly. All the other CDML tags work fine, just this one field.

The field data in question is a calculation field in my database. Is there any types of calculation fields that might not be able to display their data in CDML?

Larry

5. The field has no data in it in any of the records, or the data in the field is mis-matched to the field's data type (say, text in a number field).

ibiubu,

Assuming you see the value in your layout and everything looks okay there... I had a problem once and it turned out it was an ENCODING problem. FMP field name w/space in it was under URL encoding and turned into %20 (URL encoding). Eliminate the space in your field name if it has one.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I may have found it.

I have the calc field in my layout in filemaker. The calc field seems to work fine in filemaker, but not CDML. My calc field has another field it is based off of. This other field does not currently exist in my layout. But when I added this other field to my layout, the CDML tag for the calc now works.

Interesting. I dont think I have come across that one before.

By the way, I to have run into the %20 (URL encoding) problem before. I hate that one.

Whenever I have had a problem with fields not showing up in CDML it always comes down to access priviledges.

I usually setup a no password read only access, and then restrict layouts and fields from that passwords group. Later I use that password for web access, and forget about the access privs and try to use fields that are blocked off.

I do this almost every time, and waste ages trying to work out why data just won't get passed through.

Then give myself a good kick when I realise.... again....

This topic is 7896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.