Server Maintenance This Week. ×

backup to network drive

This topic is 7791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hello,

have recently installed FMserver 5.5

trying to use backup function but error generated in event viewer - process aborted [network_pathname] could not be found

I am able to open the [network_pathname] no problem though....

any ideas/suggestions?

thanks

mAx

Are you using the FileMaker Server Console to establish the path? If so, are you using the [browse] button to locate the destination folder?

If you are only using a UNC path (server_namedestination) try mapping the destination to a drive letter first. Then establish the path through the drive letter.

Our server is using UNC paths ok. Try copying and pasting the path you currently have from the FileMaker Console into the Start - Run window and click OK. If the folder window opens than that confirms the machine has access to the destination.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe it has to do with the FileMaker server service. I'm not sure if the FileMaker Server Service is the account that needs the access to the destination folder. Since you are testing with a particular user account, it works, but the server service is the actual account trying copy the files then fails...

• Newbies

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I had already tried all of your initial recommendations and was suspecting your latter but am not that savvy with 2000 servers' workings yet to get my head around that....

works a treat!!

thanks again

mAx

This topic is 7791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.