Server Maintenance This Week. ×

More on sporadic file corruption

This topic is 7784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wonder if anyone has any more ideas on the sporadic file corruption with FMP Server 5.5v2 on OS X Server. We currently run Mac OS X 10.1.4 Server, running FMP Server 5.5v2.

Today I used the Remote Administration X from FMP 6v2 under OS 10.2.3 from my PowerBook to close 25 files, and then I copied them locally to back them up. Low and behold the largest file had corrupted, and took over and hour to recover.

This is really bad, and means I have to go back to OS 9 on the server until someone fixes it.

Has anyone had this problem, and cured it by going to Mac OS X Server v10.2? As an Apple dealer we could upgrade, but only if it is going to help.

I would really appreciate any bolts of inspiration here.

Well I anteed up and contacted File Maker Support. Not too much help there. I got three suggestion.

1) Try and make a dummy database and get it to reproduce

2) Re set up the admin account and password. apparently these can be corrupted and cause issues.

3) Close files with the new client interface before shutting server down. -- This solution adds complexity to scripting but at this point it's worth it if it works.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

This topic is 7784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.