help with import in runtime please

This topic is 8438 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

can i get the import records option to work in a standalone solution without leaving all access priveleges on, or with stripping the database structure with the binder?.

i want my users to be able to import but if i do anything with the access priveleges that option goes ; even scripts.

- further if i use the 'stripping' option

- even with full privileges, the 'import' option goes.

when i restrict the menu and bind - the import function also goes. i'll keep playing around,

thanks in advance! stog

Import Records should show in the File menu of the bound solution unless you have selected not to show the menus. I distribute a database that imports from files produced on different FM database bound using a different binding code. Although I use a script for this the Import Records option is still available in the FIle menu. You can also import from Filemaker files that have not been bound. It shouldn't be a problem

Can you be a little more specific about what you are actually trying to do and also what version of Filemaker you are using. There is a problem with importing using FM5 if you are also using passwords.

thanks very much indeed - yes the latest stuff is fm5 and yes i've just started ****in about with passwords!

i remember now it used to be able to import-probably fm3/4

r there any workrounds/fixes

thanks chris

i've sorted it out and it seems there is a way to screw up the import function - not sure but it seems to be with passwords or else my using so many versions (it bugged in v4 and v5),i went back to the last working version and rebuilt with the new scripts- success hooray

thanks everybody for your time and patience

This topic is 8438 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.