FM Pro 5 Exports to wrong location under WindowsNT 4.0

This topic is 8419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by Brian Buechler:

I'm encountering a problem exporting files in Filemaker Pro 5.0. Every now and then, Filemaker will export files into the Filemaker 5.0 folder, rather then the folder I tell it to export into. The machine is runnign WindowsNT 4.0, and the problem most often occures when saving to a mapped network drive. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem?

Besides WinNT? Are you running NT or NT Workstation? Does this happen when saving to a local drive? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Is the drive a permanant drive mapping or are you doing it on the fly, via network neighborhood or explorer or something?

• Newbies

I am trying to save the export to a permanantly mapped network drive. Some times it saves there, some times it doesn't. Its WindowsNT, not workstation. I can't recall if it happens when I try to save to a local drive, it happens fairly infrequently, and I just haven't noticed. No, I haven't tried re-installing the software, that would require involving the Computer Resource Center people, and a bunch of paperwork. I was hoping to avoid doing that.

Brian

• Newbies

I'm encountering a problem exporting files in Filemaker Pro 5.0. Every now and then, Filemaker will export files into the Filemaker 5.0 folder, rather then the folder I tell it to export into. The machine is runnign WindowsNT 4.0, and the problem most often occures when saving to a mapped network drive. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem?

This topic is 8419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.