E-Mail and runtime

johnrh

This topic is 7785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a script that finds , sorts exports and e-mails out the found records as a merge file - no problem. I am quite happy for it to perform the steps using the dialogue box and then pressing send to actually mail the records (or put them in the out box if they are not connected at the time). This works fine on the test machine (e-mailing to self) HOWEVER...

When I create a runtime solution with this script (and many others) in it, and then put it on another machine (i.e. the client's) the script just does not fire up their mail program (outlook express).

It shows all the messages saying the records have been exported - and they have because the file is there. It just does not fire up outlook express. No matter whether they are connected to the internet oor not at the time. This is a major part of the solution and I really need to know why so if anyone can help.....

Thanks

Things to think about, you said the open version (ie not run time) works fine emailing to yourself, does the bound files work on your test machine?

Same question another way, you should check that the open version works on the clients machine (if you can do this).

Also emailing to yourself is dangerous, let me suggest you get a seperate email account, like a free web account. I have an account like that for testing etc. go to www.mail.com for a free email (there are lots of others, yahoo, excite, geek all offer web based free email)

This topic is 7785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.