Web server connector with multiple sites and databases

billh

This topic is 7043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Does anyone know if the web server connector is capable of working with two or more web sites making connections to two databases? It seems that I can use the WSC with only one web site and one database at a time. Thanks

This topic is 7043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Fog
      We are using Filemaker5 Unlimited currently as a web server along with Filemaker5 Pro Server as a site for our databases. Both computers are Macs. We are using Home Page 3.0 for Web interaction. How do we make our Web server site secure? This would be the first step to taking payments over the Web. I'm new at this, please help.
    • By puterco
      I have published my database using CDML pages and I want each web address field to act as a link witch goes directly to the address contained in the field. Example of the HTML code on the search results page:
      [FMP-FIELD: email] *how can I link this field to act as "mailto://(value in the field)"

[FMP-FIELD:web-address] *how can I link this to act as "http://(value in the field)"
      Any help will be highly appreciated the dead line for these pages were yesterday and I need to get these features online as soon as possible. Thanks...
    • By jjacques
      Okay, I've played with FileMaker 5 and have been impressed. I'd like to publish a few databases on the web but I'm finding the "Instant Web Publishing" limitations unacceptable.
      I've worked with GoLive 4 and found it a useful tool. With GoLive 5 now available, it provides some useful upgrades.
      I've got a Beige G3 300Mhz machine with a static IP hooked to the University backbone.
      I'd like to combine these resources....
      Is someone using GoLive5 with FM Pro Unlimited on a Mac? Is it reasonable to combine these tools to create educational college level courseware for survey research classes?
      Can you recommend some useful resources that will enable efficient integration of these tools and equipment?
      Thanks,
      jeff
    • By OSXS
      Dear all:
      I am facing the following problem: I am setting up a www-interface using CDML for the first time. I get the behavior I want, and everything works fine.
      But there's one big question: In the CDML reference, I cannot find any tags that allow authentication of users using the FM-database built-in access privileges.
      Any ideas?
      Cheers,
      Ron
    • By OSXS
      Hello all:
      Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't found an answer to the problem so far. Here it is:
      I have a db created in FMP 5, and its shared as Entry Only in the Web Companion. In IE 5 and 4 on Mac and Win, the Entry Only layout works. On Netscape (Mac, Win I haven't tried yet) I get a short attempt to build the Entry Only layout, wich terminates prematurely, and then builds a List View layout, which allows full manipulation of the data. This is exactly what I don't want!! I need a 'data drop box' without further access to data for web users. The described problem occurs when connecting to FMPro Unlimited directly, or when connecting via FMWSC on OSXS.
      Any hints would be highly appreciated!
      Cheers, and look out for OSX! It's sleek and fast!
      OSXS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.