Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Make import & export buttons

This topic is 8326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all:

I have a DB witth 6 related DB,in the master DB we need make a 2 buttons one is to Import and 2nd to export, the problem is we try to make an import to the same DB, we have this DB in our subsidiary so we make changes in this DB and sent to our subsidiary via CD, they need Import or export to same DB name and all the related DB.

Please let me know some help, sorry for my bad english.

Jorge

quote:

Originally posted by soriano:

Hi all:

I have a DB witth 6 related DB,in the master DB we need make a 2 buttons one is to Import and 2nd to export, the problem is we try to make an import to the same DB, we have this DB in our subsidiary so we make changes in this DB and sent to our subsidiary via CD, they need Import or export to same DB name and all the related DB.

I think that I follow what you are trying. Basically a backup and restore across multiple files. What I do it not to use the same names for the files. Exporting data from Person.fp5 into the file called PersonBU.fp5, then you can copy the PersonBU.fp5 and import back into Person.fp5 without worrying about the same names.

Ok, I understand but now how can I make the buttons, I need create a Script in all the DB to make import and export?? then a script in the master to make the import and export in all my DB (7)

I have a Backup button this create a backup of all DB

quote:

Originally posted by soriano:

Ok, I understand but now how can I make the buttons, I need create a Script in all the DB to make import and export?? then a script in the master to make the import and export in all my DB (7)

I have a Backup button this create a backup of all DB

You would create two scripts in each database, one for the export and one for the import. Then you would create a master script for import and one for export in the main database, which would then call all the scripts in the other databases.

This topic is 8326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.