Import closes file

This topic is 8309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Situation: Estimator file has a script to import and update an old record that is previously found in an Old Records file (file is open), then updates for new pricing. On a stand alone or host machine it runs flawlessly.

Problem: If I am on the guest machine the Old Records file closes following the import script. Then I have to reopen to use that file again.

This same issue is duplicated by others running the same files in other locations (no same company or network).

Question: Does this sound like a scripting error, or is this common to FMP5? I can't find anything in the scripting to cause this, but I certainly may be missing something.

It's nothing built into FM, unless the Old Records file isn't open on the guest. (Read that again, the file must be open on the GUEST, not just the host). What you are seeing would make sense it the file is open on the host, but not on the guest. Beyond that, probably need to see the patient to make a diagnosis.

-bd

the Old Records file is open on the guest prior to running the script. When the script finishes the file is no longer open on the guest but is still open on the host. The old record file is not resident on the guest machine of course.

quote:

Originally posted by Roger Maxwell:

the Old Records file is open on the guest prior to running the script. When the script finishes the file is no longer open on the guest but is still open on the host. The old record file is not resident on the guest machine of course.

Hmm..this sounds similar to another thing I saw. If you do an import and it opens other FM databases to perform a lookup on the imported data, it closes the open databases after the lookup is performed. That's not quite like your problem, but it's similar, and I think they programmed it that way.

This topic is 8309 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.