Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troi Grabber Crashes MY System

This topic is 7732 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have purchased a site wide license for Troi grabber to work on Filemaker Pro V5 and Filemaker Server V5 for a PC Network that uses Windows 2000.

I purchased a site wide license as I want to have 5 or more cameras taking students photographs at once. I have set everything up as I was told but when I am running 4 or more cameras at once it seems to crash Filemaker after every two to three photographs.

Have I done something wrong?? Please help!!! Has anyone else had this problem

I think there is 128M of Ram, although I am not 100% sure. Also the pictures are being saved on the network would this be an issue should I save the file on each individual PC and do a look up later on???

As I just mentioned in anouther post, Troi Grabber does not support storing grabbed images as references to files. It stores the images within FileMaker (and this works fine over networks.)

128 Mg is not much, but more RAM isn't assured to fix your problem. But RAM is cheap so I would think it is worth a try. TWAIN drivers are fickle. What sort of video capture are you using?

We are using Logitech Quickcam. It seems to work very efficiently when it does it work, at one point we were taking about 40 photographs every 15 minutes, but there was 4 cameras working over the network. When it did start crashing I copied the file to each PC and started using the photographs on an individual PC.

I will check with the IT Manager and see about increasing the ram on the machines that we will use.

This topic is 7732 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.