Server Maintenance This Week. ×

UPC Bar code font... anybody interested?

This topic is 7724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm thinking about developing a UPC Bar Code Font, since I know how UPC codes work and what's available now seems to be quite pricey.

Would anyone here be interested? I'm primarily concerned about recouping the cost of the font utility (around $1000) and my time.

I could save a lot of time by just making it appear as a regular bar code font, but work as a UPC, or I could spend more time on this (especially with the FM calculations) and make it actually look like a regular UPC (longer bars at ends and middle), but charge more of course... what would you prefer?

I might even make a Code 39 font if I can figure out how they work...

By the way, in case you did not realize, UPC codes beginning with "4" are set aside for retailers own in-store marking (no products are marked with a code beginning in "4" from the factory, unless it is only sold in company stores).

... and UPC codes beginning in "2" are set aside for weighted items (ever notice how the price (or the weight) appear in the last few numbers of the upc code on a container of weighted candy or meats?)

That's the problem...

$295 is fine for the package if you're going to use several bar code fonts, but if you only want one, $179 is a lot! Selling at that price I could profit from my time and my investment in only a hand full of sales!

This topic is 7724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.