Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Code 39 Bar Code Font

This topic is 7698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Since bar code fonts are so expensive, I decided to buy a font program to make my own. So last night I created a full Code39 bar code font. The results are better than I ever expected! At size 7, I can fit 12 characters (including start and stop) in 3/4" of width, and it still scans instantly on my HHP 3800i bar code scanner!

I'd like to recoup the cost of creating this bar code font so I plan to sell it on my web site. I'm wondering if you guys think the following would be fair:

Site License: $120 USD

Developer License: $200 USD for every 5 installations. Each installation works as a site license.

Customized Font: $50 plus 1 of the above (you choose bar height/width ratio, font for human readable text, or even the name in menu so you can brand it as your own!)

Here's what you'll get (so far any way):

Font with human readable text - .25" bar height X .2" width per character at size 24

Font with human readable text - .25" bar height X .14" width per character at size 24

& both of the above without human readable text (just the bars).

Each font includes 0-9, A-Z, a-z (same), $, %, ., /, -, +, and * (start/stop character)

BTW: It's a TrueType font and so far I've tested it on Mac OS X and Windows 98.

Sorry if this should be in the product announcements forum, but I'm really just looking for advice right now... not selling yet.

This topic is 7698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.