Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Programming HHP 3800

This topic is 7658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all:

I'm an idiot because I managed to program our HHP 3800 scanners last year, but now we've ordered more and I can't get them to recognize apple-make and apple-break (i.e., the command key) and the dweebs at HHP customer service don't help at all. Last year, they got me on the right track in no time at all, but now they just scratch their heads & say "well, this really ought to be working."

So, does anybody know the correct way to program one of these things to recognize apple-make & apple-break ($H and $J, respectively, if I remember right):

I've already ordered a clone cable from HHP & will end up just cloning the new units off the old ones, but I'd like to be ready in case that doesn't work out.

Thanks in advance

Stanley

Ah the 3800... my favourite scanner!

I don't have a manual right now... but I think this is how it works:

Scan Add Suffix

Scan 99 (for all symbologies)

Scan 08 (for Apple key)

Scan <whatever HEX value you wish here>

Save

That should be more or less right... the supported interface keys (modifier keys) should be listed on page 10-6 of the manual.

Your scanner must be set up for USB keyboard emulation, NOT MAC!!! "Mac" would be for much older systems, and it won't work the same way.

Note that under USB keyboard emulation, Apple key is identical to the windows GUI key (windows key) as far as the device is concerned, so if you need to talk to HHP again, ask them how to program the GUI key instead (if they don't understand what an Apple key is).

Not sure if Robert Kick is still with HHP, but he knows what he's talking about, so ask for him if you have trouble.

Let me know if you need any more help (or if you need any more scanners!!)

I'll try that out. In the meantime the clone cable came in the mail & it worked perfectly. So now I've retired one scanner to sit in a box with the clone cable & in future, instead of programming new scanners, will just clone the one that works.

Thanks anyway.

-Stanleyh

This topic is 7658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.