Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Small Business Server 2k , Isa Server, Filemaker S

This topic is 7652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am tying to install FileMaker server 5 on a windows 2000 small business server which is running Internet Security and Acceleration server (ISA Server). The ISA filewall client is also installed on win 2k workstations. The server has 2 network cards(1 lan, 1 to router / web). The overall network is running fine.. However I install filemaker server on the win 2k server machine - check the settings and make sure filemaker server is broadcasting on the correct (LAN) ip.

The service starts fine. However none of the clients can see the FileMaker server?:?? I have tried just about anything including installing filemaker server on another machine and still no luck. I am assuming the problem lies with the firewall aspect of the ISA server and have tried multiple configurations with this and still no luck frown.gif( If anyone can help with this problem or can throw up some ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You say you have checked it is broadcasting on the correct IP - you need to check that the network card connected to lan is the network card with ID 0.

Secondly, your fiewall - you need to set the configuration so that it allows access to port 5003 have you done this?

Ed.

• Newbies

I think that the LAN card is device 0, I even tried disabling the other card and also tried an install on seperate workstation (1 net card) - seems to make no difference.

I am new to ISA Server - As far as I could see I enabled 5003 on local lan - even tried a large port range - again seems to make no difference - It could be a combination of things but I have to say this is the first time I have seen this problem with an fm server install and I am completely baffled!

This topic is 7652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.