Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import Images along with records from FM to FM in a Script

This topic is 8108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings

I was hoping you guys could enlighten me regarding importing/exporting images in a container field from one file to another.

I have a solution that will be installed on a laptop and a desktop. A field agent goes out to a location and snaps a digital photo. He loads his photos into the FM solution on his laptop, along with photo information. He then exports this record as a .CSV or FMP file and emails it to his secretary (oops, office staff) who can then import the file into the solution on her desktop.

It appears I have it worked out until I notice that during the import, I am not able to import from or into the container field, because it does not show up. Am I missing something, or is there something to know about exporting/importing images?

Any input and advice is greatly appreciated.

Ken

Hi Ken,

First of all a CSV file is text only, therefore you cannot include images as part of this export function. Probably the best way of doing it is to export as a raw filemaker pro file which will include the pictures. Just make sure that the images are 'embedded' into the container fields and that your reps do not click on the 'store a reference to' option when importing the images.

This topic is 8108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.