Serving Font with fp5 files.

This topic is 7603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I have gotten a password font to mask the password field of my login process. However, I have both Mac and PC clients and I've found that I need to install the font on all computers for the password to be properly hidden. The problem arises when the font is not found, the font default to a readable set.

Is there a way to either embed the font in the fp5 file or to have FM server serve the font with the fp5 file? I know the serving is possible with plug-ins, but what about additional supporting files?

Thanks for discussion.

damyena

Do not use a password font at all. Use a font color the same color as your background, and maybe a monospaced font (it 's easier to guess the length with those).

Better even - use custom dialog feature in FM 6.

Thanks Anatoli,

For security reasons, I want to decrease the chance that anyone could see the password or copy it out of the field. Ultimately, I would like to implement LDAP authentication to our network services, but that is a ways away. I'll see what I can do with the Simple Dialog plugin.

Thanks again.

For security reasons, I want to decrease the chance that anyone could see the password or copy it out of the field. Ultimately, I would like to implement LDAP authentication to our network services, but that is a ways away. I'll see what I can do with the Simple Dialog plugin.

SimpleDialog fills a field, as are the other methods. It just makes dialogs look better.

You have to provide for some encryption to make that a bit more secure. LDAP authentication -no way with FileMaker yet.

Yes, the FM built-in security is very good one. I am always using that.

In last big project we used FM security as base and flexible database of different access levels for different access and updates procedures.

All important changes in records where logged. We even set user name in FM preferences and checked that against user changes all the time.

This topic is 7603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.