Server Maintenance This Week. ×

E-mail script problem

Steverino

This topic is 7591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I included scripts in my contacts database to e-mail through Lotus notes (either the individual contact, or all the e-mails in the found set). At first it worked great, but now the e-mail address will sometimes get truncated (but not always), and the e-mail all in the found set doesn't work at all -- it will put only one e-mail address in, and always truncated ("egladston" instead of "[email protected]"). (Incidentally, I don't have trouble with another similar database.) What's happened, and how do I fix it?

• 1 month later...

I'd try and recreate the problem in a new database. If a new database works fine it could be a corruption in your data.

Does the truncation occur randomly or is it always the same email addresses? Is the truncation definatley casused by FileMaker or is it a Notes thing?

More Q's that A's but these steps may help tracking down the problem.

It isn't the file (the problem is in a number of different files, and they're in good condition, I think) -- perhaps it's Lotus Notes. The truncation is somewhat random -- it doesn't have to do with the length of the e-mail -- but it will usually happen the same way for any contact or set of contacts.

Incidentally, I created something of a sloppy fix by writing a script that copies all the e-mail addresses in a found set and puts them in a global field, separated by commas. Then I can copy that field into the address of a new e-mail (or try using that new field as the e-mail address).

This topic is 7591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.