mark imported records with filename and username

This topic is 7596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am searching for a way to mark imported records. My problem is that my users must import records but sometimes they do it wrong and i end up with new records from another file. Is there a way to flag the records that have been imported : with the username of the person who dit the import and possibly the filename of the file the records are from.

Also, the auto-enter option must not be used because it modifies the imported records and they are not usable after.

I am new to filemaker so maybe there is an easy way to do this but i haven't found it to this date.

Thanks

Hello PCarbo,

After an import the database only shows the imported record. So if you have an extra field for marking the imported records you could easily do a "replace field" on the records you (they) just imported.

And if you really want to get funky you can script the whole procedure, so that your users are forced to enter some kind of mark after importing.

Hope this helps,

Ernst.

hi...

side note:

1_____________________________

"Also, the auto-enter option must not be used "

actually this would work perfect. Before Import You can create a new temp. field and set it so it enters auto-Something eg. Data: "Imported" or anything you like.

2____________________________________________

Also, any time records are imported they will be considered "found" then you can simply pick that temp. field and input manuallly some value and use the Repleace all Found - as Ernetst suggested

all is well that ends well laugh.gif

This topic is 7596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.