Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Reset count (running total) after pagebreak

This topic is 7498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created a report that summarizes students on different buses. (It's for a school attendance.) I find that no matter how I define a calculation I am still stuck with the same result---the same result I get when I add @@ to the layout, just numbers that go up that don't restart. I want to see a running total of each student on the bus. When the page breaks for the next occurence I want to have the numbers reset. I have searched the web as well as this forum for an answer. For the record I don't think it's an easy one.

• 4 months later...

since I am on the subject, I have made a report for attendance. It is sorted first by day, then time then class_id. My problem is that it is breaking the body when the page finishes and continues on the next page. Is there a way to not let is break it? so if the body doesn't fit it will continue it on the next page? I know there is the part function that page beaks after each occurrence but that isn't what I need. If I did that, then I would have 20 pages for a single day. A little too many sheets for my books. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks for everything.

This topic is 7498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.