Portal Design Help

Munchie

This topic is 7613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 files mainly involved with what I want to do.

First, I have a database that does nothing more than parse an entire webpage into the fields I want the info in, and then exports, and reimports it into my "OIL" database. The "MAIN" database then has a portal that looks at the data in the Oil database.

The Oil database has 2 different kinds of data. Personal information, and account information. Here is what I would like to do from here:

1, have a radio button above the Portal, that switches between the Personal data, and the Account data for each client.

2, I need to filter out records that match various "Oil Status" entries.

3, each record in the Oil DB has a "Choice" field, which shows up as a single check box in the filter. I would like to select various portal records, and use them in a layout that would only show up when printed if the check box is selected. EX: the letter I mail out would have merge fields that are based on data that has "Choice" selected to Yes.

Thanks for any help you can offer. smile.gif

1. Rather than a radio button just use a regular button that runs a script that toggles between two layouts, one with the personal data and the other with the account data.

2. The records which are checked in a portal could then be viewed exclusively by writing a script to go to the related records in the portal and then execute a remote script in the related database which performs a find restricting the currently found set to those with check marks.

3. Sorry, I'm not sure what this last one is all about.

This topic is 7613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.