Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting into Excel

This topic is 8546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Can you export data from Filemaker directly into an Excel spreadsheet into specific cells? Right now I am just importing into Excel into one worksheet all in the same row, then the second worksheet puts the data into the right place. But then when I save the excel file to email to my customer, I have to reformat so that just one worksheet shows so as not to confuse them. I was just hoping that FMPro 5.0 and the newer versions on MS Excel would save me some time.....

Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by WBlanchard:

Export your data from FMP into a tab delimited text file. Open Excel and then open the text file from within Excel. Excel will take you thru a wizard process that will allow you break the data into individual cells.

Try a Comma seperated file, Excel seems to autodetect these a little better.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You ASKEd: Originally posted by stonecali:

Can you export data from Filemaker directly into an Excel spreadsheet into specific cells?**********************

We export out of FileMaker Pro all day long, but we export to a DBase (DBF) file. Excel automatically opens it all in the right fields. It's easy, quick and the only thing we have to format is the date fields and if necessary the money fields depending on the client. Also, if you save a file in Excel as a dbf, it imports into FileMaker Pro better.

Gina @ Computeach

This topic is 8546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.