Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multi User issues PLUS

Melsie

This topic is 7584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have been having the same problems as what pkudrle posted, but when I open the file using open remote it works fine, but any linked files won't.

How do I make all of my linked files work, or is the computer setup wrong.

What are you doing to open these "remote" files? Which buttons are you pushing, menus are you using etc?

Generally this is the process: File menu...Open File...Hosts...select your file from the list of ones available. This opens ONLY the requested file, it is up to the developer to then perform a Startup script which opens all other necessary files.

In general, I do not require that the user do this. I always setup and "opener" file which launches the hosted "main menu" file, which in turn is the launchpad for all other sub-systems.

Hi, Melsie! The OPEN REMOTE command opens only that specific DB as captkurt says. Any related DB's are also only open on the host machine and not yours. I think they, too, must be set up for MULTI-USER and shared the same way the main DB is. You should be able to open them individually one-at-a-time, but I would do as Kurt suggests and use a script to open the other db's when that one is opened. You can set a script to auto-launch when a DB is opened under Preferences for that Document.

I kinda use Kurt's trick, but I do it on the Web Security Database. I launch WSD and have it open all other db's needed. --ST

This topic is 7584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.