This topic is 8671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I try to size a field with the object size box I can never get exactly the number I need. For example: I want the box to be exactly .220 inches but the thing always rounds it to .222. No matter what number I enter it rounds it to something that is close. Can I have an exact number such as .220? Please Help.

I think the answer to your question is that you must settle for 0,222 inch size for your field. You are trying to change the size of the field less than one pixel. (15 pixel is 0,208 inches and 16 pixel is 0,222 inches) Therefore I believe that you cannot have the size that you wanted.

You can change unit of measure on the size palette to use pixels if this will help you.

------------------

Mikhail Petrovich Vimov

quote:

Originally posted by Corey Ballantoni:

When I try to size a field with the object size box I can never get exactly the number I need. For example: I want the box to be exactly .220 inches but the thing always rounds it to .222. No matter what number I enter it rounds it to something that is close. Can I have an exact number such as .220? Please Help.

I gotta ask what is so important about 0.002 inches? This is a pretty small value to carry such significience.

The idea of the one pixel difference is probably correct and likely the cause of the problem. You will just need to settle for the .222 inch width.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.