Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dacons mailit plug-in

This topic is 7590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have made a solution with email capability and for that are we using dacons mailit 2. Every thing worked fine during development, but once we made our solution in to a run-time when the problem started. If we open the run-time send mail and so on it works, but if we open more programs, jump between programs and then try to send mail are the plug-in crashing the run-time EVERYTIME. Also if we leave the computer so the screen saver (Windows standard) is coming up and after that we try to send mail and it crashes again.

So we made a run-time out of Dacons example file just to see if our solution hade a problem and the same thing happens again, crash! We have tried this in many different Windows Xp machines and with the same results.

We sent a mail to Dacons pointing out the problem and they sent back a mail saying

Hi,

I just made a runtime (6.0.4.74) version of the Personal Mail solution included in the Dacons download. This is on Windows XP.

I ran the runtime, created and sent email as well as received email. I then minimized it and opened Explorer and Word. Create a Word document and saved it. Switched back to the runtime and created and sent email and received. No crashes.

I can send you the version I made to see if it works on your system. Email me if you would like it.

Best regards,

Thomas

I just tried it again. This time I compiled the original files with "Prevent Modification" and "Rename Files" and I renamed the accounts file. Created, sent and received mail with no problem. Then I minimized and did some other stuff. Came back and sent and received again. I switched to another program without minimizing and created some new documents. Switched back and sent and received again.

I have still been unable to get it to crash.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

This topic is 7590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.