Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CDML -Op values and Symbols demo

This topic is 7483 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Developed in FMPro 5.0.v3

Not quite stellar, here is a little something for your entertainment. This demonstration explores what happens when data strings are used with the various operator values in a CDML -find action.

There is a bit of opportunity here, maybe. You also get a few of my wonderfully pedantic observations. Oh wow.

There is one db file. Set your web security for all users / browse, and set sharing/single user/wc (if necessary). Take all the files out of the folder and put them loose in your folder Web. Open the db file and run the demonstration. Be sure to generate an error from every form as well as the successful transactions.

For those newbies looking for other features, there is an html pop-up, links, forms, calc fields, -skip, -max, and a lot of other code. Also a few notes in the code and db file.

And if you get anything beneficial out of this, just remember

operator.zip

Ohmigaw, I woke up this AM and realized that in testing values on an email address (I left that test field on the db file with an entry in the first record) I had not written the code properly. So I tested again using proper code. The result is that there is a grave error of fact on the format file venus.htm. So as not to mislead I have redacted that page. Please substitute the attached venus.htm for the one packed in the demo.

Oy, is my face red.

venus.zip

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.