Date scripts

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I wish to write a script that will put the date into a field when another field is updated not hen any part of the record is updated. So for all I'm only able to do this when any part of the record is updated. Any suggestions.

quote:

Originally posted by cgmech:

I wish to write a script that will put the date into a field when another field is updated not hen any part of the record is updated. So for all I'm only able to do this when any part of the record is updated. Any suggestions.

There is a plugin available that will run a script on the exiting of a field. However you will still have to determine if the field has been changed or not.

What I would recommend is a scripted editing layout vs the normal navigational viewing layout. If they want to change the value of the field they do something, like clicking and edit button or simply clicking on the field (define it as a button), which will take them to some other layout/dialog that allows them to change the value. Then you can set your date and return them the the non-editing screen.

This gives you full control over how this stuff works and the user does not really know anything is out of the ordinary.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.