Outlook warning message interferes with script

Unclegeo

This topic is 7549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi folks!

I'm not a programmer -just a regular shmuck- but I've successfully scripted the "send e-mail" function into a loop so I can send e-mails to a group of my dealers (I'm a Mfrs rep) at once. They actually want/need this e-mail so I'm not an evil spammer. FM makes an e-mail for each recipient (no Bcc: that's the way I want it) attaches files, etc. and everything works fine except MS Outlook (not Express) warns me that "a program is trying to send e-mail" and "do want to allow this?"

It does this for every e-mail it makes so I sit there approving each one -one after the other, as the script processes the loop. Maybe (probably) I'm missing the setting in Outlook to turn this warning off (though I think I've looked everywhere.) I do have Norton Antivirus and it seems to handle the virus checking of each e-mail just fine.

Now if it turns out you can't turn it off, how the heck is everyone else sending e-mails in a loop through Filemaker/Outlook. BTW I'm running XP. Yeah, I know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...

The problem is in your Outlook. You need to turn off the option in Outlook that requests a warning. In Outlook menu bar, select Tools, Options and click the Security tab. Uncheck the "Warn me when other applications try to send mail as me" box.

That only works in outlook express. Proper outlook doesn't have that option.

I've just found this.

http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html

I won't be using it as I don't think it's a particularly good idea, but it should work in this senario as you can turn it on when mailing then off again when you don't need it.

Let us know if it works. :

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a little late, but I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Someone keyed me in on the "mailto:" command using the Open URL step. I think it was Leb i Sol. You go:

Open URL [mailto: "email address here"]

2. My preference is to use a plug-in called SMTPit which allows you to e-mail directly from FM without an external e-mail client. Works like a charm. They even have one called POP3it so you can receive e-mails. FM can be a regular e-mail client.

This topic is 7549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.